International World Water Day is held annually on March 22 as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
– Why is water a key to food security?
– How much water is needed to produce our food?
– How is the global demand for food evolving?
– How does water scarcity affect our food security?
– What effect does climate change have on our food security?
– Is the competition for water increasing?
– How has the Green Revolution degraded our land and water
while allowing to supply more food?
– But can we produce more food with less water?
– Can we re-use and recycle water in food production?
– How can we protect this precious resource?
– How can we prepare for climate changes and natural disasters?
– Are there ways to improve the integration of different food production systems and increase water productivity?
– Finally, how can we reduce the waste?